"We Are Wizards" Gets Theatrical NYC Run; Joint "Harry, A History"/WAW Event Friday

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 03:14 PM

This Friday, November 14, we will have a special joint event at the Barnes & Noble in TriBeCa (97 Warren St, NY, click here for a map); it's a discussion and signing of Harry, A History, and a discussion with some of the cast and crew of We Are Wizards in celebration of the documentary's New York theatrical release!

The film is being given a rare run at Cinema Village theater in NYC, so come out to the Barnes & Noble at 6:30 p.m. for the event, then join us for a 9 p.m. showing (the bookstore event is free; you can get your film tickets here) of the film. We'll have information available at the bookstore event about an after-party as well, so we hope to see you there! If you're coming you can also RSVP and meet up with others who are going via Facebook.

You can also WIN tickets to "We Are Wizards" in NYC by entering this contest, courtesy TriBeCaFilm.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Lorelai

Hahaha WE ARE WIZARDS!!!!!!! I love them!

Posted by Lorelai on November 12, 2008, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Marcie

Bit of a typo there in the headline.“Joing”

Posted by Marcie on November 12, 2008, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Arithmancer

I’ll be there! This will be the first Potter fandom event I’ll ever have attended, other than a midnight release of Book 7. I’m really looking forward to it. :)

Posted by Arithmancer on November 12, 2008, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Potter Paulie

Melissa, I started reading your book today and I am enjoying it from the start! This is one to treasure for a long time to bring back the memories of the past year!

Posted by Potter Paulie on November 12, 2008, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Arithmancer

P.S. You’ll have copies for sale at the signing, right? I want to get one for myself and one for my sister, who introduced me to Harry and who is eagerly anticipating Harry, A History as a Christmas present from me. (I hope to surprise her by getting it signed! Of course, she’s a Leaky reader too, so I may have just spoiled the surprise…)

Posted by Arithmancer on November 12, 2008, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

WAAAAHHHHHH! We don’t have anything, like this, in South Carolina! Ms A, can’t you come, down south, and let us see yer purty face [and sign a book or two!] I congratulate you, Ms A, also on making the ‘Best Seller’ list! :D [If anyone knows of a ‘Beadle The Bard’ release party, in SC, please let me know!!!!]

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 12, 2008, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Bookworm Jen

Hmm…I was so excited to get the day off work last Weds to go down for the book signing, but now I’m kind of wishing I had waited; this event sounds fabulous! ;)

Oh well, I had a great time at the one I attended, and I’ll have to live vicariously through everyone who gets to go to this one – be sure to post lots of detailed descriptions! I did get to see We Are Wizards in Boston last spring, and it’s wonderful, so enjoy! :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on November 12, 2008, 10:10 PM report to moderator
budb

now, we just need to have We are Wiizards available on dvd and we’ll be all set

Posted by budb on November 12, 2008, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Christy

I’m going to try to make it. Does the value of my copy go up if you sign it TWICE!?

Posted by Christy on November 12, 2008, 11:25 PM report to moderator
Martha

If only I could apparate from California to New York, sigh. Any chance of you doing a signing in San Francisco, or anywhere in the Bay Area, sometime? That would be really awesome. I’d love to have my copy signed. And I’m pretty sure that I read somewhere that the We Are Wizards movie will eventually be available for purchase/ rental on DVD, probably not in stores, but at least through their website and/or on Netflix, possibly even at regular movie rental stores, who knows? So we’ll all get a chance to see it eventually.

Posted by Martha on November 13, 2008, 04:19 AM report to moderator
Ronda

We Are Wizards is showing in Wilmington, NC tomorrow, Friday the 14th as part of the Cuculorus Film Festival, unfortunately it is at 10:15 am and I have to work, I already have read Harry, A History and LOVED IT!!!!

Posted by Ronda on November 13, 2008, 01:50 PM report to moderator
NancyP

Loved both runs. We are Wizards was fabulous!
Cant wait for the DVD!

Posted by NancyP on November 15, 2008, 02:35 AM report to moderator
Sam

Yesterday was SOOO AMAZING!!!

Posted by Sam on November 15, 2008, 10:15 AM report to moderator
sonia

The filmmaker at the show said the DVD was coming soon. I heard a rumor it was out on December 4th in like two weeks – which would be AWESOME!!!!!
they said to keep an eye on their myspace – www.myspace.com/wearewizardsthemovie

Posted by sonia on November 16, 2008, 03:56 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[i]"Hem, hem,"[/i] said Professor Umbridge.[br][i]"Yes?"[/i] said Professor McGonagall...[br]"I was just wondering, Professor, whether you received my note telling you of the date and time of your inspec --"[br]"Obviously I received it, or I would have as