Richard Griffiths to Appear at Macy's Tree Lighting This Weekend

Griffiths
November 21, 2008, 04:13 PM

Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) will be appearing at the famous Macy's Herald Square Christmas tree lighting event in New York City this weekend. The acclaimed actor, who is currently appearing on Broadway with fellow Potter actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) in the production of Equus, will be giving a reading of the classic poem "The Night Before Christmas." (A Visit From Saint Nicholas by Clement C Moore) Broadwayworld.com reports this event will take place this Sunday, November 23 at 6:30pm on Broadway in NYC, between 34th & 35th streets.  Anyone attending please send in your reports and photos!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Griffiths News

Confederate Lady

Does anyone know if this will be televised, here, in the US? I’m in South Carolina, and don’t have TV. But I do have access to one….I would LOVE to hear Mr Griffiths read this wonderful Holiday Classic! And see the tree, lit, of course!
Thanks

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 21, 2008, 04:23 PM report to moderator
HP_Appreciator

And instead of A MOVIE, we get our beloved cast to light up trees. Better than nothing :)

Posted by HP_Appreciator on November 21, 2008, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Hermionegirl

I know that the Macy’s Thansgiving Day Parade, is, of course, televised, but I don’t know about the tree lighting. Oh I would love to see it!

Posted by Hermionegirl on November 21, 2008, 04:55 PM report to moderator
ele0206

I like the idea of him lighting up trees. But I would like it more if, just to say, the HBP film were released on december. Christmas present?
Sorry for the english, I’m italian.

Posted by ele0206 on November 21, 2008, 04:57 PM report to moderator
sue

That’s great that while Richard and Daniel are in NY they are doing other things for us to see them in.

Posted by sue on November 21, 2008, 06:36 PM report to moderator
seth

it would be nice is people just got so over the fact that HBP is delayed and not mention it in every new post on Leaky. We get it, get over it, and wait until July, because it ain’t coming sooner.

Posted by seth on November 21, 2008, 06:37 PM report to moderator
lily_luna

@ seth: personally, i know warner bros isn’t going to move the movie. but i’m still upset about it. so please be a little more underrstanding of the people like me.

about the lighting ceremony, does anyone know if its going to be televised? i’d
love it see it.

Posted by lily_luna on November 21, 2008, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Harry Potter PONES Twilight!!!

Today is a very depressing day….my sister, my aunt , and my mom just left to see twilight for my sister’s bday. Just think, I would have already seen HP last night at midnight!! :( And what makes it even sadder is my sister is starting to like Twilight more than harry!!!!!!!! Soooo horibble. :(

Posted by Harry Potter PONES Twilight!!! on November 21, 2008, 10:55 PM report to moderator
lily_luna

@ Harry Potter PONES Twilight!!!: i know how you feel : (

Posted by lily_luna on November 21, 2008, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Deborah Schneider

Coonfederate Lady, The Christmas Tree lighting is carried on local TV every year but I’m willing to bet galleons it’ll show up on YouTube pretty quickly.

Posted by Deborah Schneider on November 21, 2008, 11:24 PM report to moderator
operamac

Man I wish I could be there just for that! I would LOVE to hear him read The Night Before Christmas

Posted by operamac on November 22, 2008, 05:15 AM report to moderator
ele0206

seth: like lily_luna says, I just can’t wait ’til july. I have the right to be upset!

Posted by ele0206 on November 22, 2008, 06:53 AM report to moderator
ele0206

Posted by ele0206 on November 22, 2008, 06:53 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

I love the Night Before Christmas, I read it every christmas eve in a nice little edition of the poem. Plus did anyone hear of Daniel Radcliffe donating his jeans. Seth people are upset, its Harry Potter season and I could have used the pick me up. A tiny tiny tiny part me of thought maybe it was all just a big marketing plan and they’d surprise release it, phew lucky that was only a tiny part of me

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 22, 2008, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Jeannine

Great !
but i find it amusing that a guy who dislikes children as much as Richard does
would be doing this
lol!

Posted by Jeannine on November 22, 2008, 12:39 PM report to moderator

"I don't think anyone should ride that broom just yet!" said Hermione.[br]Harry and Ron looked at her.[br]"What d'you think Harry's going to do with it -- sweep the floor?" said Ron.