First Look: Weasley Wizard Wheezes, New Slughorn Photo in Empire Magazine

HBP Film
December 29, 2008, 08:06 PM

Earlier we told you the February edition of Empire Magazine would contain a new preview of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Tonight, the first scan from the magazine is in our galleries  and contains our first look at Fred and George (James and Oliver Phelps) in their Weasley Wizard Wheezes shop (note the words "Magical Mayhem,"  then "Disastrous" on the side of the walls). Also new is a photo of the Trio (Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson) along with Professor Slughorn (Jim Broadbent) in the Three Broomsticks pub.

Thanks to reader Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Christine

I am so excited for this movie! Only 199 more days! YAY! :D

Posted by Christine on December 29, 2008, 08:08 PM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

Very cool, they’re so funny.

Posted by LemonFaerie on December 29, 2008, 08:09 PM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

Yay! I was just at the bookstore earlier today and this isn’t on the stands yet. How did they get a hold of a copy?

Posted by mollywobbles23 on December 29, 2008, 08:17 PM report to moderator
DeliaDee

But Fred and George aren’t weaing magenta robes that clash with their hair. Tan suits don’t really fit with either their or their store’s image.

Posted by DeliaDee on December 29, 2008, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Milo

Subscribers get their issues early I believe

Posted by Milo on December 29, 2008, 08:50 PM report to moderator
HeadGirlInTraining

WWW looks BRILLIANT. The set direction of the films has really taken a turn for the outstanding under Yates – it feels like such an authentic world, and that’s what the books deserve. The Phelps Twins look great: three-button suits, one with a red tie, one with gold. I could see Fred and George wearing them, walking around importantly, and generally being outlandish. I can’t wait!

Posted by HeadGirlInTraining on December 29, 2008, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Laura

Wow, its amazing how much the twins look like Mark Williams who plays Mr. Weasley. I think that’s cool.

Posted by Laura on December 29, 2008, 08:56 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

I personally have never expected the books or any book to movie to be exactly like the pages. I am completely devoted to Harry Potter and love every scene in the books, but I realize everything cant appear on screen. I thought back in 2001 that it was amazing they could make a movie of these stories in the first place. They get better and better with every installment so I have faith. Besides with all the characters, sets, plots, and fans there are too many expectations to reach if you did everything. We all have our own vision, and David Yates and the crew do the movies to a point where it appeals to everyone and we as devotees still love it too.

Posted by BellaSnape on December 29, 2008, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Helena

I love it!! I like how Fred and George are wearing suits. Exactly how I pictured it! :) Question though: What’s up with the sort of Christmas stockings on the right that are in different colors with a big W on them? I’ve got no clue as to what they are.

Posted by Helena on December 29, 2008, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Kelsey

I love Harry Potter I am his #1 I have to read only 1 more book to finish the entire series but I don’t want the magic to end ;(

Posted by Kelsey on December 29, 2008, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Leah

structurally, without any of the colors or anything, does it remind anybody of Flourish and Blotts from COS?

Posted by Leah on December 29, 2008, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Jen

They look so handsome. I’m so excited, the shop isn’t how I imagined it but it turned out better then I imagined. Half-Blood Prince is my favorite book and I can’t wait.

Posted by Jen on December 29, 2008, 10:08 PM report to moderator
Chloe

MY god!!! THIS IS SO COOOOOOOOL!

Posted by Chloe on December 29, 2008, 10:34 PM report to moderator
javier

I always imagined www to be a small shop….

Posted by javier on December 29, 2008, 10:58 PM report to moderator
Moody One

javier…I did too. I really wished the would have stuck with the book. I would have loved to see them in magenta robes! lol I just can’t wait for the movie! Oh how sad to think it’s 200 days away. : (

Posted by Moody One on December 29, 2008, 11:19 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"...life's too short... Look at Madam Bones, look at Emmeline Vance... It could be me next, couldn't it? But if it is," he said fiercely, now looking straight into Dumbledore's blue eyes gleaming in the wandlight, "I'll make sure I take as many Death Eate