New Dumbledore and Bellatrix Figures from Tonner Doll Co.

Toys
Posted by: Edward
January 26, 2009, 03:31 PM

The Tonner Doll Company has updated its website for the new year to include two new pieces for their Harry Potter Character Doll Figures collection.  The figures of Professor Albus Dumbledore (modeled after actor Richard Harris) and Bellatrix Lestrange (modeled after actress Helena Bonham Carter) are now part of their 2009 collection.  Both dolls are 17" inches tall and feature remarkable craftsmanship "with 14 points of articulation, offering the collector unlimited posing and play possibilities.  Crafted of hard plastic and high-quality vinyl, with hand-painted face detail, these are character figures to be played with and enjoyed."

The Albus Dumbledore figure, which can be seen here, is described as:

Sculpted in the likeness of the late Richard Harris as PROFESSOR DUMBLEDORE™, this TONNER CHARACTER FIGURE™ stands approximately 19” tall and features 14 points of articulation (neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, chest, hips, knees, and ankles) , is crafted of high quality vinyl & hard plastic, and features high-end details including rooted saran hair and hand-painted face details. DUMBLEDORE™ comes dressed in an authentic reproduction of one his signature costume from the film. His costume includes under robe in brocade, outer robe in jacquard trimmed in metallic brocade velvet hat and boots; display stand included.  Wigged with applied beard and molded mustache with hand-painted facial features.
The description for the Bellatrix Lestrage figure, photo here, is as follows:
BELLATRIX LESTRANGE™ is 17" tall and features a new face sculpt of an authorized likeness of actress Helena Bonham-Carter from Warner Bros. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, with 14 points of articulation (neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, bust line, hips, knees, and ankles). She features hand painted face details and rooted saran hair. BELLATRIX LESTRANGE™ comes dressed in her wicked costume from the film with faux leather corset, necklace, hosiery, wand and display stand.
The Dumbledore and Bellatrix Character Figures retail for $249.99 and $189.99, respectively.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Toys News

givemesomeTLC

nice!

Posted by givemesomeTLC on January 26, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Thio

My friend finally came back and brought me “Harry, a history”!! Yeeeeeeeey!!! I know it’s random, but I wanted to share!

^^

Posted by Thio on January 26, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Justin the Mighty

Hehehe. For a tiny bit (just for a second) I thought that was Bill from Tokio Hotel.

I like that they went with Richard Harris’ likeness for the Dumbledore figure.

Posted by Justin the Mighty on January 26, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

Oh dear… have I really grown so accustomed that I would almost prefer Michael Gambon as Dumbledore? Richard Harris looks fine and all… I just wonder why they would model it after him. Are these figures supposed to represent any film in particular? Bellatrix seems to have some sort of resemblance to Cruella de Vil.

Posted by T-Vey on January 26, 2009, 03:57 PM report to moderator
nick

Dumbledore’s hair is soo puffy! It looks great other than that, but it looks like his hat is about to pop off, haha!

Posted by nick on January 26, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

I agree, nick. Dumbledore’s hair is WAY too big. I also find that Bellatrix looks more like an “over done Barbie”…hair is a bit….well odd. Facial features, on both, are no where close. The costume, on Bella, is very unflattering, and doesn’t appear to fit well. I am rather disappointed, as Toner has done such fine work, in the past. T-Vey, I don’t believe that they “portray any movie, in particular”.

Posted by Confederate Lady on January 26, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

Well… for the first time I think I like the dolls…. they are normally too weird and they look too much like the real person , which is really bizarre . But those are good they don’t look too much like the actors…

Posted by Carol Carvalho on January 26, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
SproutMdme

While I normally really like the Tonner Harry Potter dolls a lot, I have to say, these two are a bit disappointing; not that they aren’t beautiful and well made, but they just don’t portray the movie characters very well. Why would they go with the Richard Harris version instead of the current Gambon version…does that really make any sense? And Bellatrix looks nothing AT ALL like the movie character in either look or dress! Are they recycling old molds for these dolls to save money? Personally, I’d really like to see a McGonnegall or a Neville doll. (Neville could come with a toad and a Mimbulus mimbletonia!) Why buy a character doll that looks nothing like the character?

Posted by SproutMdme on January 26, 2009, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Rocket

The Tonner Dolls almost always kind of creep me out, does anyone else agree?
While I like that they went with the Richard Harris Dumbledore (he’s who I think of when I think Dumbledore, not Gambon) his hair looks like he was attacked by a hair dryer or something, honestly. Bellatrix does remind me of Cruella. I love their costumes, though, their clothes are always just so pretty, I wish they came in my size!

Posted by Rocket on January 26, 2009, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Beth A

The Tonner dolls are always terrible, and these are no exception. As said above, DD’s beard is way fluffy… looks terrible. And Bella!!! It looks like a recycled Cher doll. Just awful.

Posted by Beth A on January 26, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Beth A

Posted by Beth A on January 26, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Beth A

Posted by Beth A on January 26, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Beth A

um… I only posted that once. feel free to delete the extras, thnx.

Posted by Beth A on January 26, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Iolanthe

Azkaban Barbie! I love it! LOL.

Posted by Iolanthe on January 26, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
YodatheHobbit

Dumbledore’s an EGG! He looks like an EGG!

Posted by YodatheHobbit on January 26, 2009, 11:54 PM report to moderator

...he walked slowly back up to Gryffindor Tower, Cho's voice echoing in his ears with every step he took. [i]"Cedric -- Cedric Diggory.[/i]" He had been starting to quite like Cedric... Now he suddenly realized that Cedric was in fact a useless pretty boy