PotterCast 211: Never Be Afraid to Squee

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
December 24, 2009, 05:33 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, has its holiday episode online, just in time for Christmas.  Our 211th episode starts off with the latest in Potter news, including a preview of the One Day in the Life of Daniel Radcliffe book from photographer Tim Hailand, a teaser of the Harry Potter LEGO game, a report from the Economist on the economy of the Harry Potter series, the many end of the year lists coming online, and a rundown of the recent commentary on HBP Live community screening with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and producer David Barron.  Next, the PotterCast holiday filks are here, giving you the first part of our collection of original holiday themed Harry Potter songs.  A Christmas themed Potter Pundits follows, with a discussion on the always eventful Christmas holiday happenings from the Harry Potter novels.  Following another round of filks, the finale to Albus Severus' story at Hogwarts wraps up his first year at Hogwarts.  The final round of filks leads us into the drums where the PotterCasters discuss their Christmas plans, snow, beer, and a goodbye to Sue.

Also, please send in your favorite PotterCast moments of 2009 to staff@pottercast.com.

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Never Be Afraid to Squee"
RT: 125:51
Producer: John Noe

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2011: A Harry Potter Conference in Orlando!
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 3
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Low-band Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Wand_thumb

Well, it sounds interesting!!! Can’t wait to hear it!!!! FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 24, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

Sue…… :(. I can’t squee now!

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on December 24, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

I’m scared to listen to this! I don’t wanna hear sue leave =(

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on December 24, 2009, 06:36 PM report to moderator
065_thumb

Just finished listening, Sue, Squee (with tears in my eyes) and Love to you, Melissa, John, and Frankie Merry Christmas!

Posted by potterversefan on December 24, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

Best wishes sue!

Posted by KC Nox on December 24, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Oh Sue… we will miss you and your squeeing so much!!!!!!! Best wishes to you Sue…. SQUEE!!!! <3

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 24, 2009, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Sue!!! Please tell me this awful rumor isn’t true. :( I haven’t been to Leaky much lately and just caught news of your leaving elsewhere, hurried here to see if it was true, and was so saddened to see it is. Leaky won’t be the same without you! I haven’t listened to the Pottercast yet, but I hope there is mention on it of you at least still coming to LeakyCon 2011. Please, please, please! All the best to you, darling Sue, in all your endeavors. I’ll miss you here!

Squeee-less in Seattle, LemonFaerie

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on December 24, 2009, 10:27 PM report to moderator

OMG, Sue!!! :( I thought I’d love this episode from the title, but now I’m just sad.

Posted by aj_ellybean on December 24, 2009, 11:55 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will download it to listen to this weekend! That said, I am upset to hear that Sue is leaving. The contributions you have made to Leaky and PotterCast have been many and all of us here have appreciated and enjoyed all the effort and enthusiasm that you inserted into your work for this fandom. Although we will miss you and will never forget your squees and joyful presence, we also support you in your decision. Good luck as you move forward with your life, and never lose that Hufflepuff spirit.

Posted by Kirk on December 25, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I haven’t heard the podcast yet, but I heard that Sue was leaving about a week ago. I wish her all the best, but I am very sad she’s leaving. I can’t imagine what PC will be like without her :-(

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on December 25, 2009, 01:12 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Oh no…. After reading these comments, I don’t want to listen to it!
Sad!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on December 25, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

While I will certainly miss Sue, I look at her moving on (perhaps) a little differently. Rather than being sad, I’m really grateful for all the wonderful times she has shared with us. After all, she didn’t have to that at all!

You’ll be missed Sue, but never forgotten.

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on December 25, 2009, 05:01 AM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Happy that there’s a new Potter Pundits segment but sad to hear Sue is leaving the show. :(

Posted by vespasian68967 on December 25, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb
sue! =( ok well SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on December 25, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
4ztcymp_thumb

Could you put a link to the HBP commentary (with Dan and David) in the shownotes? Thanks!
Oh Sue, we love you so much. Good luck!

Posted by Maggie on December 25, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator

"And don't forget, if you're talking about me among yourselves, call me Snuffles, okay?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014