Tom Felton Talks Filming with Jason Isaacs as the Malfoy Family for "Deathly Hallows"

Felton
March 30, 2009, 10:50 AM

Actor Tom Felton has given a new interview where he discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Noting he has not yet begun filming his role as Draco Malfoy for the final two installments in the Harry Potter series, Tom said: "I can't wait for the next one, it's very exciting. I've been up to where the film is shot a couple of times and it's ready to go. I haven't started yet so can't give anything away!"

He also goes on to say how much he is looking forward again to working with actor Jason Isaacs, who memorably portrays Death Eater Lucius Malfoy and the father of Draco. Tom Felton is complimentary of the work Jason does on set, stating: "Lucius is an evil son of a gun and Jason is very good at turning that on when he's talking to you normally, it's scary." He continued

"I haven't seen him for a couple of years but he's a great guy and he is a bit of a dad. I look up to him a lot when we're filming, he's a good role model to have on the set to follow in his footsteps."

UPDATE: Thanks to Tom Felton himself as he let it be known via his official public Twitter that there was new video of him at the event speaking on Harry Potter here via Digital Spy

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Cool. :D

Posted by Mairéad on March 30, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

It’s interesting how Tom Felton looks up to Jason Isaacs, because Jason has said before how he looks up to the older actors. It’s like one big look-up-a-thon chain reaction!

Posted by ScottMan on March 30, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Wwhprocky_thumb

I think both of them portray their roles extremely well. :-)

Posted by cryospear on March 30, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

It’s unreal to hear Tom say it’s been a couple of years since he’s filmed with Jason. Years, people! We’ve waited long enough!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 30, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

Wow this is so exiting!!!!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on March 30, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

That was a nice bit of news. I think they play well off each other in the series. I’m so glad that Jason will be in the new movies. I missed him in the last one. I know that his character is not so nice but it’s similiar to Snape. You don’t like the character Snape very well but you love the actor.

Posted by Cool G on March 30, 2009, 11:09 AM report to moderator

Too cool!

Posted by bookmonster79 on March 30, 2009, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

One Two Three everyone ARRRRRRRR!!!!!!

I sense an acting Bromance brewing… Of course they’ve not started working yet but it’s REALLY nice that we’re getting these little bits. We’re always hearing how much Dan has enjoyed working with such ‘n’ such… But it’s nicer to hear what some of the others are thinking and feeling!!!!

Yay Jason – You know we’ve got the new Empire pics from last night – part of me was waiting for the pic of Jason, Tom and Helen together cos it’ll just be a strange family pic..!

Posted by JustSuperMione on March 30, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I agree JustSuperMione. It is great hearing how the other actors feel working with eachother.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 30, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I think their off-screen friendship will certainly help their performances. I’m very eager to see their latest work.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 30, 2009, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Draco-draco-malfoy-2533953-75-75_thumb

i just cant wait anymore! its so great that tom can look upto jason as a role model on set, that really helps them be in character more on camera even if lucius and draco dont act like a normal father and son…

Posted by Alexandra_Isis on March 30, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

That’s nice :) Both play their roles well. I think. x

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to receive more word from him as he begins filming. It is wonderful to see that he holds Mr. Isaacs in such esteem. Of course, who doesn’t? ;)

Posted by Kirk on March 30, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Great. . . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 30, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

They made great actor choices for Draco and Lucius. It great that they get along well. Can’t wait to see these movies.!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 30, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Time to split up the dream team, I think," he sneered. "Weasley, you can partner Finnigan. Potter --"[br]Harry moved automatically toward Hermione.[br]"I don't think so," said Snape, smiling coldly. "Mr. Malfoy, come over here. Let's see what you make of