Followup: Man Convicted in Murder of Potter Actor Rob Knox

Movies
March 04, 2009, 08:30 AM

Last May, we learned the tragic news that actor Rob Knox, a young actor who will be seen as Marcus Belby in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, had been murdered in London. Today, the BBC reports that a jury has convicted Karl Bishop, 22, and found him guilty of the stabbing of Rob Knox. The BBC states "Mr Knox was stabbed five times as he defended his brother Jamie from Bishop, the court had heard. Five other people were also stabbed in the fight." The PA also reports that on the night of the murder:

"Bystanders saw his face "screwed up in rage" as he lashed out with the blades, stabbing his victims at least 10 times in less than two minutes. Rob, 18, had rushed outside to try to protect his younger brother Jamie after hearing Bishop had threatened him. But he ended up being stabbed five times, once fatally in a main artery, and dying later in hospital."

You can read more about the events of the night in question and the trial, here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

108_thumb

The killer got extra life sentences, hope he never gets out.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 05, 2009, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

At least justice was served. Although, thats easy for me to say sitting here I’m not the one in the family who has had somebody close to them die.

R.I.P Rob Knox. Peace be with you and the family.

Avatar_hp_thumb

R.I.P Rob Knox. Peace be with you and the family.

5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

I still find this story to be disgusting, but I am glad to hear that the person responsible for causing his family so much pain has been convicted.

Posted by choirgeek on March 05, 2009, 05:30 PM report to moderator
0oh__snap___xx04_thumb

goodness, that’s just awful. D: i don’t remember reading this news.. but be before i started checking for news religiously.

glad the guy got convicted.. RIP, Rob Knox. you died a hero.

Posted by iceymoon [Cygnus] on March 06, 2009, 02:54 AM report to moderator
Me_on_the_last_day_of_sophmore_year_thumb

I don’t believe it! What is this world coming to?!?!

Posted by Lvrsc719 on March 08, 2009, 01:12 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Life imprisonment

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 09, 2009, 04:06 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

To end. . . .

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 09, 2009, 04:07 AM report to moderator

"[i]Avada Kedavra'[/i]s a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it -- you could all get your wands out now and point them at me and say the words, and I doubt I'd get so much as a nosebleed. But that doesn't matter. I'm not here to teach you how