Attention Students: Report to Mandrake Potting at Harry Potter, the Exhibition

Movies
April 25, 2009, 07:53 PM

A reminder that later this week, Harry Potter, the Exhibition is due to open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. As we've reported many times before, this traveling exhibition will feature props and sets used in the Harry Potter films. Last February we told you fans attending this exhibit will be able to walk on a Quidditch pitch, and see Hagrid's Hut. Today, the Museum let us know their website has been updated with a brand new detailed guide, plus new photos of how the exhibit will look, including a peek at the Gryffindor Common Room, costumes worn during Quidditch World Cup in Goblet of Fire and more. New are details about the Great Hall, Hagrid's Hut  Magical Creatures (Beware of the Horn Tail Dragon and Aragog!) and special Hands On events. Harry Potter fans and guests at the exhibit will now be able to throw a Quaffle, and report to Herbology Class to pull a Mandrake plant, just like we saw in Chamber of Secrets in Herbology class with Hufflepuff Head Professor Sprout. Tickets for the Exhibition are now available; the event runs April 30-September 27th. A  press preview night is being held this Wednesday, and TLC's own Edward will be there to bring you all the details, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

100_2184_thumb

I hope it comes to Los Angeles. We have a great Museum of Science in Exposition Park that has held a very successful Star Wars touring show at it was great. Harry Potter would be great for them. Keeping Fingers Crossed.

Posted by Lost_Boy on April 25, 2009, 09:21 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

ooh i want to go to this, but i probably won’t be able to :(

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 25, 2009, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I wonder if my kids would let me go? Maybe I won’t tell them and then pretend to be at a friend’s house… what do you think?

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on April 25, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator

Pull a mandrake for me guys! Oh how I wish I knew how to Apparate, so I could do it myself!

Posted by hufflepuff_86 [OTC] on April 25, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Img_2773_-_version_2_thumb

That’s cool! I wish I could drive the five or six hours and go there!!

Posted by Jeff on April 25, 2009, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Nerdpixelart_thumb

now that’s cool, it’s awesome :)

Posted by Engler on April 25, 2009, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

OMG I can’t wait to go! I have to buy tickets quick! :D

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on April 25, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The more details that emerge, the more excited I am that I am going to visit the exhibit with my family this summer!

Posted by Kirk on April 25, 2009, 10:15 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

YES I CAN GO!!!! YAY!!!!!! ALREADY HAVE TICKETS FOR OPENING DAY!!!!!!!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 25, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I want to go. Sorry – NEED – to go.

Posted by Christine on April 25, 2009, 10:27 PM report to moderator
Michael_bald1_crop_thumb

I am attending a Museum Members Only Preview tomorrow! I am so excited. I will be reporting on the experience on Filkcast: Potter Style and possibly PotterCast.

Cheers!

Posted by RylOraMcBeck on April 25, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Bearcry_thumb

that sounds so darn nifty!!! wish I could go!!!

Posted by A Tackier Pink on April 25, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-20070416023332981_thumb

sweet!!! I will be there saturday. I absolutely cannot wait! For once, living in Illinois pays off big time.

Posted by SiriusGirl19 [ROAR] on April 25, 2009, 11:03 PM report to moderator
Jonas_thumb

This is so cool!!!

Posted by NargleCatcher on April 25, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

So, this is going to be moving around to different cities? I wonder if there’s a schedule of which cities and when available.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on April 25, 2009, 11:55 PM report to moderator

"By all means continue destroying my possessions," said Dumbledore serenely. "I daresay I have too many."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014