Leaky Lounge Book Club Reading Updates

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
May 03, 2009, 03:04 PM

Two of our Book Clubs hosted over on the Leaky Lounge forums have opened up readings of two new books starting today.  First up, our Harry Potter Book Club has now started their reading of the forth novel in author J. K. Rowling's series, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  Secondly, Jo's Book Nook, home of our Non-Harry Potter book club, has chosen the Charles Dickens classic David Copperfield as their next reading group selection.  This book is available for purchase via our own Cauldron Shop.  Both of these communal book readings are open to all registered MyLeaky members and feature in-depth discussions about both of these novels.  Join in now with your fellow Lounge members to take part in this most fun and thought-provoking reading group discussion.  Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Ravenclaw_thumb

That’s cool. I love discussing GoF :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on May 03, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

OOh and I’m first :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on May 03, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

cool

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on May 03, 2009, 03:22 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

This is pretty old news, I think.

Posted by Garden State Geek on May 03, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Now that I am out of school, I hope that I am able at last to participate!

Posted by Kirk on May 03, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

I so wish I could get involved in this but I always lose track of the posting and get so frustrated that it is no longer fun.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on May 03, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Moldywort_thumb

Dan Radcliffe was in a David Copperfield movie I saw once…

Posted by Moldywort17 on May 03, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator

Coincidently I’m reading David Copperfield at the moment on my iPod. Si maybe I’ll join in. Going trough the English classics at the moment. Dutch literature isn’t that rich I find.

Posted by greatpetie83 on May 03, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Gary_oldman_07-1-1_thumb

Garden State Geek, no this isn’t old news, the GoF Book Club opened on 1 May (not to be confused with the GoF Reading Groups which discuss at a different pace and with a different focus) and the Book Nook started discussing David Copperfield on 2 May. Neither of the discussions discusses chapter by chapter, the discussions are all topic based, some are in depth, some are just for fun so please, come and dip your toes in. :)

Posted by Dreamteam on May 03, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I could give David Copperfield a go, seeing as I’m officially unemployed now

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 03, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

great! i’ll check it out!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 03, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Pushing_daisies_6_thumb

Oooo, I’ve always wanted to read David Copperfield!

Posted by WitByndMsr on May 04, 2009, 01:35 AM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

cool!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on May 04, 2009, 02:07 AM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

cool!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on May 04, 2009, 02:09 AM report to moderator
P1000452__3__thumb

GoF is close to finished, but I got in and am having fun commenting anyway.

Posted by LulaL on May 04, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator

"Very [i]clean,[/i] aren't they, these Muggles?" said the witch called Tonks, who was looking around the kitchen with great interest. "My dad's Muggle-born and he's a right old slob. I suppose it varies, just like with wizards?"