Magical Moving Photo Type Ads Due for Limited Copies of Entertainment Weekly

HP References
August 20, 2009, 11:18 AM

Thanks to everyone who emailed today regarding the news of a clever real world Muggle marketing and advertising campaign that will echo the moving photos seen in the Daily Prophet. The BBC reports that on September 18, readers in LA  and New York who purchase a copy of Entertainment Weekly will see their issue contain special video -in-print ads. These will be "slim-line screens - around the size of a mobile phone display," and have a "chip technology used to store the video - described as similar to that used in singing greeting cards - [which] is activated when the page is turned." The Telegraph also reports that these 90 second video ads will "show clips from future CBS programmes and an advert for a diet cola."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP References News

Wow! I really want one!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on August 20, 2009, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

wow. HP is really affecting everything! next their going to have broomsticks, portkeys, and apparration tests!

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on August 20, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Rob2_thumb

I want one! I’ll be in NYC not long after that but long enough not to get one!

Posted by HermyGrnger on August 20, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Rob2_thumb

I want one! I’ll be in NYC not long after that but long enough not to get one!

Posted by HermyGrnger on August 20, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Dream_theater__majesty_logo_thumb

pretty cool!

Posted by chrisbDTM {ROÅR!} on August 20, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That is so cool! :) I want one!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on August 20, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Nev1_thumb

sweeeeet

Posted by Morgaine of Avalon on August 20, 2009, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

ahaha that’s neat? pretty cool stuff.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on August 20, 2009, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Getattachment

I want this magazine!!!

Posted by Loony4ever on August 20, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

“Ingenious these muggles.” LOL!!!! I only wish I lived in NY or LA.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on August 20, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Dan-rupert-and-emma-harry-potter-7604230-500-340_thumb

this is really cool, i wish i could get one!!!!

Posted by Pols on August 20, 2009, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Seriously COOL!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 20, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

Will this come to Canada

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on August 20, 2009, 02:12 PM report to moderator

Wowe that is just insanely awesome

Posted by sholstom on August 20, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Maybe they’ll make broomsticks next :D That’d be exciting. Haha.

Posted by Christine on August 20, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator

"I wanted Harry Potter's blood. I wanted the blood of the one who had stripped me of power thirteen years ago... for the lingering protection his mother once gave him would then reside in my veins too..."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014