Trio Talk Filming Seven Potters and Silver Doe Scenes for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 01, 2010, 04:28 PM

French Harry Potter fan site HarryPotterForever.fr has posted a select translation from the February issue of One Magazine, which features short interviews with actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) about filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  In the article, Mr. Radcliffe speaks in regards to the Silver Doe sequence in the seventh film which will feature the young actor naked.  The rough translation relates:

"In the Deathly Hallows, you'll see Harry as you never saw him before ! For example, I shot a scene where i'm entirely naked. When I read the script, I thought that I would carry underwears but no ! I've already done it for Equus so it wasn't so difficult. I'm wondering how people will react, even if any things will be hidden in the screen!"
Readers will recall the first news of this scene coming from DH director David Yates back in November.  Mr. Radcliffe goes on to say the following of the Seven Potters sequence:
"Recently, we've finished a scene in which I had difficulties. It's the 7 Potter's scene ! We had to shoot a take where I was a different Harry instead of the other actors. It was fun, but very hard, because sometimes, I forgot who I had to be ... That made me crazy!"
The quotes from the One Magazine article continue, with Emma Watson speaking to the much anticipated kiss between her character and the character of Ron Weasley, portrayed by actor Rupert Grint.  On this subject, Miss Watson is quoted as saying:
"To kiss Rupert in front of cameras will stay the strangest experience for me, since I've played in Harry Potter. Him and I was frightened about this scene, and would like to do it quickly. But the hardest is coming ... I have to kiss Dan!  It's a scene where Ron imagine a kiss between Harry and Hermione."
Miss Watson goes on to talk of the Epilouge scene at the end of "Deathly Hallows" by saying, "We haven't filmed the epilogue yet, in which we can see the future of Harry, Ron and Hermione 19 years later. At the beginning, producers would like to replace us, but they finally kept us. We will look like 40 years old persons. I'm very impatient to see that !"

Finally, Rupert Grint spoke to the physical demands of filming, relating, ""We shot a lot of physical scenes. For Daniel, filming was very complicated. But he never complained ... When he became sick because of filming conditions, he was ok and he never complained ..."

Many thanks to HarryPotterForever.fr.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Leonidascantread

Dan’s probably like YES!

Posted by iampadfoot on February 01, 2010, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

I’m really looking forward to DH, it doesn’t seem like it can get here fast enough!!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on February 01, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Rupert-7_thumb

I really can’t wait for this film to come out!

Posted by bluishorbs on February 01, 2010, 05:22 PM report to moderator

lol I love how Emma calls her kiss with Dan worse than her kiss with Rupert :]

Posted by supporterofSPEW on February 01, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I have huge confidence that this film is going to rock!! If only they hadn’t gone with Desplat and they had worked sth out with Williams again..This film (and it’s score) has to be gigantic!

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on February 01, 2010, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

once again reitterating that dan and rupert are the luckiest men alive

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 01, 2010, 06:06 PM report to moderator
1757_100_100_thumb

This is gonna be TOTALLY AWESOME.

Posted by its_erik on February 01, 2010, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Gryfendoricon_thumb

O my gosh I cant wait!! and im super excited that they are using them for the epilogue!!!

Posted by tigerpatronus13 on February 01, 2010, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

What’s with this translation? It doesn’t even sound authentic. And what is David Yates doing, anyway? This is a children’s film…not some edgy teen stupidity like Twilight. He’s ruining the ending…

Posted by All Was Well on February 01, 2010, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Evanna2_thumb

omgg EXCITEMENT so awesome!!! lol Dan is just like ‘yea im used to being naked in front of loads of people, so no pressure’ xD

Posted by tonksgirl *ROAR* on February 01, 2010, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Photo_8_thumb

This is so awesome. Thank you for posting this!!

Posted by Rose Lane (roar!) on February 01, 2010, 06:58 PM report to moderator

AHHH! NAKED PEOPLE DRESSED AS HARRY!!! AHHHH!

Posted by deatheater111 on February 01, 2010, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

@ZachBlack [ROAR] super agree with u! and @deatheater111 it has always bothered me too! can u imagine Harry wearing a bra as Hermione or Fleu? (them as him, I mean) very disturbing…
anyway! DEAR MOTHER OF GOD this movie! But again, wouldn’t be surprised if this interview was fake, as some of u told. It sounds like too much information in all of a sudden, really.

Posted by Miroca on February 01, 2010, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Can’t wait!
From all the interviews, it looks like all the things are going to happen exactly the way it did in the book!

Dscn0187_thumb

Can’t wait to see these movies!

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 01, 2010, 08:27 PM report to moderator

"Sirius -- it's me... it's Peter... your friend... you wouldn't..."[br]Black kicked out and Pettigrew recoiled.[br]"There's enough filth on my robes without you touching them," said Black.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014