New Images of Signs at Hogsmeade, Rumored Costume Choices for Wizarding World Staff

Fans
Posted by: Edward
February 22, 2010, 06:12 PM

There are a few updates to bring you today regarding the continued construction at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Resorts Orlando.  Thanks to BrianOrndorf.com, new images of the Hogsmeade areas of the park show us a plethora of new signage now hanging before the shop fronts which read "Tricks & Jokes" outside Honeydukes, and shops which appear to be named "Spintwiches" and "Tomes and Scholls."  These images and more are part of our ever expanding Wizarding World section of Leaky's Image Galleries.

On a related note, new rumors have hit the web which relate more about the possible costumes Wizarding World employees might wear at the park.  Screamscape reports:
It seems some of the first costumes have been put on display at Universal’s wardrobe facility and they are said to be quite detailed and impressive. Amongst the costumes on display were those for “Hogwarts Students” as well as the “Dragon Handlers”, which is what they are calling the ride ops on Dragon’s Challenge. Apparently the costumes were all made to JK Rowling’s specs… though one insider has already commented that JK must have never visited Orlando in the summer, because some of the outfits may end up being a bit too much to handle in the hot muggy summers.
The post goes on to relate more about the many kinds of wands which are rumored to be available at the Olivander’s Wand Shop attraction.  Quoteage:
We’ve also heard quite a bit about Olivander’s Wand Shop. I’m told that over 20 actors have been hired to act as the shop keepers, and have been told that they will be given a “wand bible” written up by JK Rowling to memorize, detailing the names and descriptions of around 400 different wands. I’ve been told that the various wands up for sale will range in price from $25 up to $150 per wand. Apparently the more expensive your wand… the more things it will actually be able to do. For example, some wands are rumored to have a light up tip if activated the right way. Other wands are rumored to have uses beyond the park, possibly being Bluetooth enabled or allowing for you to plug them into your PC and download some special functions into them from the internet. If true, one such wand is said to work as a TV remote control.
While these are indeed interesting development, this information falls squarely into the rumor category until official word comes from Universal.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated to open this Spring.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Punk_thumb

oh man oh man oh man i have to go!!! i’m going to go!! lol

Posted by FrauSnape on February 23, 2010, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Arthur_weasley_thumb

That is going to be one fun family trip

Posted by bubba on February 24, 2010, 12:34 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

The new pics are awesome. I love the Honeydukes sign and the Hogwarts Express. Everything just looks so awesome :) It’s going to feel just like being there for real :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on February 24, 2010, 01:00 PM report to moderator

Can not wait till September when we get to go there on vacation for a whole week. Wand I want a wand!!!!!!!!!! Have heard about the one to use on the tv but am sure that would not go over well in this household. This is going to be awesome!!

Posted by hewy on February 24, 2010, 09:54 PM report to moderator

I WANT ONE OF THOSE WANDS! My wand is made of paper, paint, hot glue, and a whole lot of finish spray! I want a wooden one! This summer I am going to NYC and there is supposed to be a toy shop that has a wall called diagon alley and they sell ties and scarves and all of that and they apparently sell wands too! but if i go to this theme park (which i most certainly WILL someday) I am going to have to bring my life savings because i am buying EVERYTHING

Posted by whscameragal on February 26, 2010, 10:01 AM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

If they have one that is a lighter, that would be cool enough. The make lighters out of everything else. Although I doubt it would be a wooden tip.

Posted by Madeye Carl on February 27, 2010, 11:33 AM report to moderator

The idea of controlling my television or any of my electronics that use a remote with a wand would be fabulous. I want to turn my car on from a distance with a wand. Use my camera. Turn my stereo on. Yes, I need a wand that can do all those things.

Posted by KayWeasley on March 01, 2010, 11:17 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

The story of Fred and George's flight to freedom was retold so often that Harry could tell it would soon become the stuff of Hogwarts legend. Within a week, even those who had been eyewitnesses were half-convinced that they had seen the twins dive-bomb Um