Two Video Previews for LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Game Now Online

Video Games
Posted by: Rosi
April 15, 2010, 07:00 PM

Two video previews of the upcoming LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 - 4 game - each featuring a wide selection of shots of the game itself as well as interviews with developers - are now online. The first video from GameInformer, which you can watch here in The Leaky Cauldron's Video Galleries,  includes shots of Harry, Ron and Hermione on the Wizard's Chess board, by Hagrid's Hut, in the Great Hall and more. Jonathan Smith, Head of Production at Traveller's Tales,  is seen describing the game as "the most beautiful, the biggest, the deepest, the richest LEGO environment we've ever created," while all of the developers speak of the importance placed on the immersive quality of the game.

The second video, courtesy of VE3D, can be seen in our Video Galleries at this link and focuses on the development of the personalities of the game's characters. The preview runs through a list of many of the characters included in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 - 4 and briefly shows clips of a number of them in LEGO form. Senior Producer Loz Doyle cites Fang as his favourite aspect of the game, "because he is animated in such a charming way; he can climb ladders; he digs; he whimpers; he's like a real dog." Flying is provided as an example of how the game distinguishes between characters' personalities; the developers compare Harry's visible skill on the broom with Ron's slower performance, "[pushing] himself along" in flight.

LEGO Harry Potter : Years 1 - 4 will be available on the 29th June this year.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

George_ron_thumb

Looking forward to this game. Just with it came out sooner!

Posted by blue_rogue on April 15, 2010, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

I am sooooo excited can not wait. I am requesting off from work just to play it!!!!!! Roar

Posted by Roseann on April 15, 2010, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

cool, they are awesome and hilarious…to bad my mother probably wont go for them since i already have the normal games!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 15, 2010, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

yah can’t wait

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on April 15, 2010, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Img_2115picnic_thumb

Oh my gosh! I saw a commercial for this and at first I thought it was my phone ringing! :) It looks kinda cool.

Posted by phoenixortheflame on April 15, 2010, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Looks like an awesome game :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on April 15, 2010, 08:30 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Those just made me want the game even more! I love the character diaries too, it looks so funny :) I want to be Fang.

Posted by nellythemarrow on April 15, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

mandrake looks pretty sweet

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 15, 2010, 09:39 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

woooh!! i watched these anddd i loved them. :D I SO CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS!!! i might as well not do anything for the entire month of june, clear my schedule and everything, because i will be playing lego harry potter non-stop.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 15, 2010, 10:05 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

(…and july)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 15, 2010, 10:28 PM report to moderator
Image

sweet!! i pre-ordered it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on April 15, 2010, 11:05 PM report to moderator
Rav_thumb

Another great thing to wait for!
=)

Posted by Vanessa on April 16, 2010, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Will have to mark my calendar to purchase this game.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on April 16, 2010, 07:10 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I always skipped over these Harry Potter Lego Video Game posts, but I decided to watch one of those videos and I was really impressed! to bad I don’t have any game systems to play the game, even if I did I would probably get stuck in the fisrt scene anyways because I am horrible at video games. But thid looks really awesome!

Posted by Rosie016 on April 16, 2010, 08:03 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

What a riot!

Posted by Smitch on April 16, 2010, 09:43 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"What are [i]you[/i] doing here anyway?" Harry asked Lucius Malfoy.[br]"I don't think private matters between myself and the Minister are any concern of yours, Potter," said Malfoy, smoothing the front of his robes... "Really, just because you are Dumbled