"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Shortlisted for Visual Effects Oscar

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
December 10, 2011, 03:25 PM

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2" is shortlisted as one of the top 15 films that is in the running for a 2012 visual effects Oscar. The list was released by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Other films in the running include "Thor," "Captain America," "Super 8" and "Sucker Punch."

The list will be narrowed down to five films, and will be announced with the rest of the official Oscar nominations on January 24, 2012.

Thank you Jamie and Joel for writing in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

Yay!! They need to win!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 10, 2011, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Leia_thumb

DH2 was brilliant — but I fear the final Oscar shut-out for this amazing series … * sigh *

Posted by Hagiographer13 on December 10, 2011, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

But I do agree with Hagiographer13.
For once I want all those craftsmen, designers and staff to reap praise for their outstanding work. I know the producers have said that it’s praise enough for them to see the love we fans have for the series, but I still hope each year… sigh…

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on December 10, 2011, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Please dont tell me this is all DH has been short listed for!?! What about acting, directing, wardrobe…..Alan Rickman!?!?! O.O

Posted by LunaLuver on December 10, 2011, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Almost there! I can feel the success already! hahahaha! Anyway, I just know that HP 7.2 will do amazing!

Posted by lovelle on December 10, 2011, 06:40 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

i hope they win!!

Posted by the mudblood princess:)/ginnylove101 {WBM}=:) on December 10, 2011, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Snapeavatar_thumb

I hope they win and I am still hoping like crazy that Alan Rickman gets the credit he’s due as well.

Posted by SevsTam on December 10, 2011, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@LunaLuver, I think they will announce the nominations in different categories at different times, ending up with the acting ones. But this is still only a shortlist. No doubt they will try to build up as much suspense as they can!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on December 11, 2011, 03:12 AM report to moderator

They will win!!!!!:)))

Posted by SweetCandy98 on December 11, 2011, 03:21 AM report to moderator

CONGRATS! I hope they win!

Posted by . on December 11, 2011, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I wish them good luck!

Posted by Won_Two on December 11, 2011, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Buffy-last-gleaming-195x300_thumb

HP definitely deserves to win one finally!

Posted by Meggie the Goose on December 12, 2011, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

They are going to win and I know they will. They alway win.

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on December 21, 2011, 10:34 PM report to moderator

I really, really hope they win! :)

Posted by PhoenixGryffindor on December 22, 2011, 07:38 PM report to moderator

"Good day," said Professor Trelawney in her usual misty, dreamy voice... "And welcome back to Divination. I have, of course, been following your fortunes most carefully over the holidays, and am delighted to see that you have all returned to Hogwarts safe