"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Soundtrack to be Released July 12, 2011

Music
Posted by: Stephanie_J
April 02, 2011, 02:48 PM

An online catalog listing for Warner Bros. Watertower Music has revealed that the soundtrack for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on July 12, 2011.

The tracklisting and cover art have not yet been announced. The score for "DH: Part 2" will be composed by Alexandre Desplat, who also worked on "Part 1."

Thanks to SnitchSeeker for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

1st Comment!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on April 02, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

Anyway, yay! Part 1 was awesome and I can’w ait for this on!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on April 02, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Cool, I can’t wait to buy it! I love the soundtracks, and Desplat’s music for Part 1 was awesome. I’m glad he’s doing P2, but I kinda also was hoping for John Williams a little bit….. just for closer, ya know……. shrugs Ah well, it’ll be a great soundtrack I’m sure! As long as he uses Hedwig’s theme not just at the beginning, but at the very end, like sorta how SS closes. :) And I’m sure people will agree with me on that. I think EVERYONE wants the “Leaving Hogwarts” song from the first movie to be at the end of this.

Oh, and FIRST COMMENT! XD

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on April 02, 2011, 02:58 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Ah, no longer 1st comment. That’s what i get for making such a long post. :P

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on April 02, 2011, 02:59 PM report to moderator

oooh can’t wait!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on April 02, 2011, 03:58 PM report to moderator

i hope he decided to not use as many strings for it… it sounded a bit uneven=] bit still nice piece=] i hope that he does not do more then 30 songs like he did 4 part 1 because then he will max out john williams who did 60 songs for h.p…. so far desplat has 31….
Sorry, but John Williams is still my favorite!

Posted by Winkyxx on April 02, 2011, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

All of the scores have been AMAZING! I have complete faith that this one will live up to them!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 02, 2011, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

yay!!! I have been waiting for this news forever. I hope the scores are amazing, which I believe they will =)

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on April 02, 2011, 06:17 PM report to moderator
31940_1368188618153_1634826053_846764_2109138_n_thumb

Again, I cant wait any longer.

Posted by potternotrotter on April 03, 2011, 03:46 AM report to moderator

Aaaaaah!!! Can’t-Wait-Much-Longer!!!!

Posted by Potters_pal on April 03, 2011, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Bella1_ac01_hp20in20_thumb

I’ve always been a fan of Desplat’s work, and his Part 1 score was no exception. I’m excited for this; plus it comes out the day before my birthday…Talk about perfect timing XD

Posted by Caroline Black on April 03, 2011, 08:47 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

aww i really wanted John Williams, boo :(
but Alexandre Desplat was really good, so lets see what he comes up with ..

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on April 03, 2011, 10:29 PM report to moderator

Can’t wait anymore!!!