London Film Museum to Host "Harry Potter: A Magical Event"

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 21, 2011, 12:28 PM

"Harry Potter: A Magical Event" will be taking place at the London Film Museum on Saturday, July 2.

According to the Harry Potter UK Facebook page, the event will allow fans to see actual props and costumes from the films as well product demonstrations tying into the final film's release.

Toymaker Tomy will be on-site to demonstrate some of their products including the "Monster Book of Monsters," Hermione's bag, and Infra-Red wands. Fans will also have a chance to win a pair of tickets to the world premiere of "Part 2" by taking part in a wand debate with Tomy's Infra-Red wands.

Tomy will be joined by other companies such as EA Games, LEGO and Panini who will have their products on display and available for fans to test out.

Entrance to "Harry Potter: A Magical Event" will be free of charge for fans who arrive in costume! Standard ticket holders for the London Film Museum on that Saturday will also be granted access to the event.

If you're unable to make it on July 2, the props and products on display will remain at the London Film Museum until the end of 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Gryfindor_lion_thumb

First!!!! Great event!! :-)

Posted by Patronus 27 on June 21, 2011, 12:38 PM report to moderator
C58fa320cc8111e280a722000a9e28dc_7_thumb

What?! I wish I lived there… :) But, omg free admission for people dressed up? I would so go if I could. -

Posted by jammjcpotter on June 21, 2011, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

I SO want to go to this!! If I’d known sooner I would have gone. :(
Why is it only for one day? I’d have been able to make it two days later! Cruel fate… :P

Posted by Crazy and Proud on June 21, 2011, 01:26 PM report to moderator

Nooo why would they announce this so soon beforehand! I’m already busy that day =( Will go and see the stuff when I’m down for the premiere though =)

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on June 21, 2011, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

It sounds amazing! Too bad I’m so far away! I really hope the ones who go enjoy it for all of us who won’t be going!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on June 21, 2011, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I really wish I could go!

Posted by harry potter fan #1 on June 21, 2011, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I must go!!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on June 21, 2011, 02:55 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Fabulous .. But I can’t come .. ARG ! Feel so Neglected sometimes !

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on June 21, 2011, 03:35 PM report to moderator
John_s_books_thumb

Yay! Something in England! I’ll be there :D

Posted by MissStarKidSmiles on June 21, 2011, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

No! Why cant things ever come by me?? Oh that just sucks…lucky London people. And I would LOVE Hermione’s bag!

Posted by LunaLuver on June 21, 2011, 08:24 PM report to moderator

That’s so cool! I actually want to see it! (It would really be cool to even own it!)

Posted by . on June 22, 2011, 04:13 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

i’m going!!! going as Bellatrix, my costume is all ready!!! cant WAIT!!!!!!!

Posted by MaggieNoise on June 22, 2011, 09:03 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Thats awesome! I wish I could go!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 22, 2011, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

no way!! thats epic!! i wish i could go!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on June 22, 2011, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It’s about time they did something like this for the Brits…

Posted by Won_Two on June 22, 2011, 10:14 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Mistletoe," said Cho quietly, pointing at the ceiling over his head.[br]"Yeah," said Harry. His mouth was very dry. "It's probably full of nargles, though."[br]"What are nargles?"[br]"No idea," said Harry. She had moved closer. His brain seemed to have b