J.K. Rowling to Trace French Ancestry in "Who Do You Think You Are?"

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
June 24, 2011, 09:47 PM

J.K. Rowling has been announced as one of the celebrity guests on the season premiere of the BBC show "Who Do You Think You Are?"

According to the show's official site:

Across the course of seven books and eight films, Jo Rowling's Harry Potter series has captured the imaginations of millions of people around the world. Who Do You Think You Are? sets out to explore the French ancestry of the author's mother.
An air date for the program has not yet been announced. Thanks SnitchSeeker for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Oh this is great! They have this show in the US and it’s my favorite.I hope the US fans will be able to see it too! Love to see her mother’s family history.Jo’s ‘backstory’ haha.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on June 24, 2011, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Maybe the program will be online for US fans.

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 24, 2011, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Pas ├ętonnant qu’elle regarde si bon…

Posted by Won_Two on June 24, 2011, 10:09 PM report to moderator

Hopefully they have this online somewhere, not sure if we have it on the US channels.

Posted by Imperiused on June 24, 2011, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Ooh this sounds very interesting! I love ancestory, I’m currently looking into my own family history, have been for years It can be a lot of work, also a lot of fun. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on June 24, 2011, 10:32 PM report to moderator

Oh, I want to watch it! Although I never saw that show before! I want to watch it! Excited! But, the title of the show sounds a little bit like a mean question a bully asking a kid who had just poked him. . . . xD

Posted by . on June 24, 2011, 10:39 PM report to moderator

The second season of the U.S. version of the show is as of this writing still available on Hulu. Maybe the UK version airs on BBC America, I don’t know.

Posted by nebogipfel on June 24, 2011, 11:53 PM report to moderator

That’s so cool! I would love to be on there and find out more about my family history. We’ve been able to go back to the 1600’s on one side but the other side of my family is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

Posted by Ratorr on June 25, 2011, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Hope to see it in us! I like this show with previous stars but to have Jo, that would be awesome !

Posted by farewell_fred on June 25, 2011, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

Ps when I said us I meant U.S.

Posted by farewell_fred on June 25, 2011, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

awesome! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 25, 2011, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

So watching this!!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on June 25, 2011, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_13_thumb

Interesting~ Hopefully I can watch this.

Posted by shi suisen on June 25, 2011, 04:36 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Cool, can’t wait to watch. I wish I was famous so I could do this show!

Posted by Fawkes1706 on June 25, 2011, 04:44 AM report to moderator

I hope she has the same ancestry as me!

I had mine checked bu a leading UK company – really cool.

If anyone wants to also compare, heres the link:

Posted by Greg Mendel on June 25, 2011, 08:03 AM report to moderator

Ron ripped apart the Firebolt's wrappings.[br]"Nothing! Blimey, who'd spend that much on you?"[br]"Well," said Harry, feeling stunned, "I'm betting it wasn't the Dursleys."