Latest Batch of Pottermore Early Access E-mails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 10:54 AM

The Pottemore Insider has been updated to say that a new batch of Welcome e-mails for Pottermore beta access were sent out today, August 25th, from 2:45pm BST (9:45am EST).

Welcome e-mails were also sent out yesterday to a lucky few.

You can read Leaky's first thoughts on Pottermore at this link. If you already have access to the beta version of Pottermore, let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Ok. Explain me, please… If a batch of emails were sent early this morning, it means that the people whose emails were therein have already received them, right? I mean… there’s no point in spending the whole day refreshing my account hoping to be among today’s emails, am I wrong? If I didn’t received it by now, I’m not getting it today…

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 25, 2011, 12:12 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I signed in on day 6 so I would be a good candidate for the dementors at this point. All hope is gon………e.

Posted by molly43 on August 25, 2011, 12:13 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Just kidding. I’ll be patient and wait.

Posted by molly43 on August 25, 2011, 12:14 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’m not sure about giving up on today’s e-mail @halfblood Princess maybe they stagger the e-mails. There is hope.

Posted by molly43 on August 25, 2011, 12:17 PM report to moderator

I GOT MY OWL!!!! AND IM NOT RAVENCLAW, IM SLYTHERIN!!!!! AHH!!!!

Posted by Phoenix Felicis on August 25, 2011, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

Still waiting for mine, too. I wonder how many people they’ve let in so far. I agree that people who got in day 1, day 2, etc should be the first ones in. I didn’t get in until the 7th day and I’m beginning to wonder if mine will ever show up. Also wondering when in October they will open the site to all and if that is a realistic timeline.

Posted by AvanelleWood on August 25, 2011, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

Still nothing.

sigh

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 25, 2011, 12:23 PM report to moderator

@halfbloodprincess No that is not necessarily true. Just because they sent out emails and you haven’t gotten it yet doesn’t mean you aren’t apart of that batch. Sending out mass emails takes time and can be staggered to different time intervals to ease traffic. So just because you don’t have one yet today doesn’t mean you won’t.

Posted by heathermichelle1983 on August 25, 2011, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

2 more of my good friends from the Poll Comments page got in yesterday… Both emails arrived at around 3pm eastern US (Leaky) time…

Posted by Won_Two on August 25, 2011, 12:27 PM report to moderator

I totally agree with @Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} I also registered on day 2 and still haven’t got my owl :\

Posted by Jordynn on August 25, 2011, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@molly43 and heathermichelle1983, I appreaciate your comments… A LOT!!! I’ll try not to lose all my hope and I’ll try to understand that mass emails do take time!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 25, 2011, 12:34 PM report to moderator

I just want my letter :)

Posted by lunalicious on August 25, 2011, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I think there are less “too busy” messages with 15 second countdowns since the update yesterday. That could mean they are getting ready to make the batches of added accounts bigger. The current number of those who have been sorted is 37,246.

Posted by roonwit on August 25, 2011, 12:44 PM report to moderator

@Halfblood Princess, Its soooo hard to wait for the email. I keep checking my phone for notice of emails even when I happen to wake up in the middle of the night. Just to see. I can’t stop reading blogs and news articles covering Pottermore…

Posted by heathermichelle1983 on August 25, 2011, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_1_thumb

Nothing yet for me but hopefully soon.

Posted by wallflower1971 on August 25, 2011, 12:49 PM report to moderator

He seized his left ear and pulled. His whole head swung off his neck and fell onto his shoulder as if it was on a hinge. Someone had obviously tried to behead him, but not done it properly.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014