Pottermore Insider Answers Questions on Duelling, Potions, and Beta Feedback

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 02, 2011, 05:52 PM

As mentioned last week, the Pottermore Insider blog has now been updated to answer frequently asked questions that Pottermore beta users have been asking. Concerns dealing with the potions brewing, wizards duelling, and moderation for common room comments are all addressed.

Additionally, the Insider reveals that a Pottermore beta survey will be sent out in a few weeks to those who have already gained entry into the site and will allow fans to provide more specific feedback.

'...It'd be nice to know IF Wizard Dueling will be available to beta testers again. I don't care when, just a yes or not.' [sic]   - cwbrumm
Yes! We know that you like Wizard’s Duel - a lot. This section of the site has proven to be immensely popular and we’ve been making a number of improvements behind the scenes to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. We just need to finish making and testing our changes.
Continue reading at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Rofr10_thumb

kyrstalkris: When you say “can’t log in” what do you see? It may be your user name or password isn’t what you think it is, or there may be other issues. We might be able to work out what is going on and help you, but we need more details of errors etc..

Posted by roonwit on September 03, 2011, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

I’m still waiting for my email. I got the clue on day 2. My husband and I both got the clue on day 2. I hope the fact that we’re from the same household doesn’t slow down me getting my email. (Yes, I’m selfish. I’m more a hard core fan than him so I don’t care when he gets his. I want mine.) Sigh Wish I could be like yosabridge and resign myself to think my email won’t come til a couple of days before October. I’ve also been wondering the same thing as jennluvsharry. Is the site really going to open October 1st to all, or just some time in October. I also wonder if the beta test is going as they planned. Double Sigh

Posted by Shining Lynx on September 03, 2011, 09:46 PM report to moderator

I hope that we are not in the PAUSE period! I feel SO close! I am day three and it seems that most if not all of day one is in and day two is trickling in….even though it is “random” it seems that they have some sort of algorithm for letting people in…..I made accounts for about 10 other people (using their own e-mails of course) and none have made it in yet :/ I know I should be patient but it is so difficult!

Posted by magicneverends85 on September 04, 2011, 02:16 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Found a Most interesting tweet: “Sorry,u have 2 start over ‘cause we know u’re cheating&also u answer the questions DISHONESTLY”.The sender was using a language I didn’t recognise (yg curang di #Pottermore harusny gini : “Sorry,u have 2 start over ‘cause we know u’re cheating&also u answer the questions DISHONESTLY”), only tha quote I understood, but don’t know if was from PM or some personal joke. Anyone recognising the language?

Posted by cb160 on September 04, 2011, 06:27 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Mention: the unknown words from the quote were found also related to Indonesia and Filippines.

Posted by cb160 on September 04, 2011, 06:48 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

And now there are 144.274 on PM! That can’t be, with all those welcome emails sent from Friday, even if they were closing the cheaters accounts – bcs I see no sign of also closing the secondary accounts.Must agree with roonwit, something has got to be broken there.

Posted by cb160 on September 04, 2011, 06:56 AM report to moderator
Amanda_s_phone_10_thumb

I’ve going to the website for years, but never registered for an account. I’ve been following the comments for Pottermore articles because I had been waiting for my welcome e-mail. I registered on the second day, and still haven’t received my e-mail. However, today I logged into my Pottermore and it allowed me access! Just finished the first chapter and wanted to let those on the site know what happened for me.

Posted by LightAuror26 on September 04, 2011, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

LightAuror26: Yes, the Welcome email can take a while to arrive or go missing altogether. It is probably worth trying to log in occasionally (maybe once a day) just in case, particularly if you registered on day 1 or the first half of day 2.

Posted by roonwit on September 04, 2011, 09:45 AM report to moderator

The waiting for access is hard but I feel PM is doing a good job. They have always stated that it would takw weeks to get in. I would be suprised if they knew two large functions of PM would have major problems (duels, potions) not to mention the other issues (cheating, double accts) everyday has to be full for these programmers and frustrating. We should be patient and supportive of their work. They may also want to solve some of the issues before letting more people in and discovering more. They said the process is fluid that probably includes the end of Beta testing, there will be a gap between the last batch and grand opening so they can see it function. They can’t give betas schedules because how can they know how long these problems will take to fix. I am going to continue to wait for my email and remember the programmers are working their butts off.

Also, (sorry I’m long winded) I look forward to the Sorting because I know that is the house I would belong in if that Sorting Hat was put on my head, as the process was created by the creator of Hogwarts, Ms. Rowling. I know many Hogwarts students may have felt the Hat put them in the wrong house but the magic knows best.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 04, 2011, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

Yes!! I finally got in, and I’m a day 2er!(not sure when in the day I got it though, and everyone’s probably happy that I won’t complain on these articles anymore about not being in…. :P Yeeaa, I know) I didn’t get the email, but I just tried logging in. Yes, try logging in once a day. I’m from the US, and the emails were sent on Friday… (sorry for this awkward paragraph structure, I’m excoited!) Yesterday it didn’t work for me, though, when I tried logging in.

Oh, and I’ll be giving updates on Pottermore and it’s numbers on here as often as I can, like roonwit. Let’s hope I don’t get sorted into ravenclaw - they have too many people still…

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on September 04, 2011, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

S Palms: That is interesting because it suggests they have been enabling some accounts over the weekend (though at least some the corresponding Welcome messages have been delayed or not sent). The sorting count is at 144,267 so is still not counting recently sorted people.

Posted by roonwit on September 04, 2011, 12:53 PM report to moderator

Congrats, S Palms! Have fun! Be sure to let us know which house you get!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 04, 2011, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ S Palms Congrats, and don’t forget us – come back for an update, maybe you’ll be more explicit than PM!

Posted by cb160 on September 04, 2011, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

OMG It is true. I never got my email but I tried logging in and I have access to Pottermore! My daughter is screaming and giggling. I’m excited. It’s time for the adventure to begin. I will finally know what house I’ll be in.
If you got the clue on day 2, try to log in. It may work!

Posted by Shining Lynx on September 04, 2011, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Just FYI, I tried logging in yesterday or maybe it was Friday, and it didn’t work. It worked today though.

Posted by Shining Lynx on September 04, 2011, 01:33 PM report to moderator

Neville kicked aside the broken fragments of his own wand as they walked slowly toward the door.[br]"My gran's going do kill be," said Neville thickly, blood spattering from his nose as he spoke, "dat was by dad's old wand..."