Pottermore Shop Now Open, Harry Potter eBooks and Digital Audio Books Available for First Time

Books
Posted by: Stephanie_J
March 27, 2012, 09:08 AM

The official Pottermore shop was launched this morning, marking the first time that the Harry Potter books are available to buy in an eBook and digital audio book format.

This will be the only place to purchase digital copies of the Harry Potter series, which will be available in all formats for eReaders, tablets, smartphones and mp3 players.

The eBooks for Years 1-3 are available for $7.99, while Years 4-7 are priced at $9.99. Or, the complete series can be purchased for $57.54.

Digital audio books for Years 1-3 will cost $29.99, and Years 4-7 is priced at $44.99. The complete Harry Potter audio collection can be purchased for $ 242.94.

Even though the Pottermore shop is now open, Pottermore remains in beta. It's expected to open to everyone in April.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Dd_thumb

Yes, as gizzmogeek said, if you have an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch, you just use the “Direct Download” button which lets you download a file that imports into iBooks. I personally downloaded them via my Mac into my Dropbox folder, then I used Dropbox to access the files from my iPad; Dropbox downloaded the file to the iPad, but said it could not open it (because of the encryption), so I used Dropbox’s menu to “Open in iBooks” and they were moved right into the iBooks library, where they are readable. You could also install the files by dragging them onto iTunes, then syncing your device with iTunes. Easy. Great to have the books in a searchable form, even though I generally prefer the paper books for pleasure reading.

Posted by VermontWizard on March 29, 2012, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Finally!

even though i won’t be buying any, i’m so excited for other people who are looking forward to these!

Posted by lovelle on March 30, 2012, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Don’t think I’ll bother with the shop since I have the books already and I’m not a big fan of ebooks

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 31, 2012, 06:13 AM report to moderator
Ruin_thumb

scratches head at people who comment just to say they won’t be buying them

I got mine on Thursday, and as a previous commenter said, if you want the UK versions you can get them by gifting them to yourself and indicating the recipient is a UK resident. A bit devious, but for purist like me, most important.

Posted by nundu on April 02, 2012, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lyvgvgwmhl1qfx9mio1_500_thumb

Yay! When is the website Pottermore opening?

Posted by Lana Lark on April 06, 2012, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Glimpse_of_a_unicorn_by_ironshod_thumb

First YAY for the ebooks ive already gotten all 7

Second, pottermore needs to get on with it already

Posted by Roxy tonks on April 13, 2012, 02:32 PM report to moderator
Glimpse_of_a_unicorn_by_ironshod_thumb

First YAY for the ebooks ive already gotten all 7

Second, pottermore needs to get on with it already

Posted by Roxy tonks on April 13, 2012, 02:32 PM report to moderator

"Scared?" muttered Malfoy, so that Lockhart couldn't hear him.[br]"You wish," said Harry out of the corner of his mouth.